In order that your organization's associates are provided with compassionate, confidential and consistent counseling it is recommended that training be provided for individuals that either volunteer for or are selected as career coaches. It is essential that the internal coaches possess above average communication skills, job knowledge, sufficient time and a genuine willingness to assist associates in their career transitions. Clear communication and expectations are significant in molding associates' attitudes, trust levels and cooperation in this process. First Transitions' staff has assisted healthcare workers in career transition for over 16 years and has more than 300 healthcare organizations as clients. Our objective in the Train-the-Trainer Program is to communicate this experience to the career coaches in such a way that the coaches will be able to utilize our materials and information in helping associates to make appropriate career decisions. Areas to be discussed include the following:
- Record Keeping
- What to Expect
- Dealing with Emotions
- Understanding How Individuals Deal With Change
- Improving Listening Skills
- Dimensions of Effective Counseling
- Handling Difficult Situations
- Creating Positive Mental Attitudes
- Understanding the Process for the Different Associate Levels Within the Organization
- How to Create Career/Life Plans
- Linking Individuals with Appropriate Educational and/or Training Programs
The process for completing the Train-the-Trainer can be accomplished in the following experiential learning format:
- Coaches participate in the six hour educational program. This program may be formatted to be either 3, 2 or 1 session(s).
- Coaches complete the one-on-one career coaching for themselves so that they may experience the process as associates will.
- Coaches participate in a two-day Train-the-Trainer Program where they will learn how to conduct the educational sessions and the one-on-one career coaching sessions.
- Coaches will co-facilitate their initial educational and one-on-one coaching sessions with a First Transitions' staff member.
- Optional - Coaches may elect to attend a Myer-Briggs Type Indicator certification program for the purpose of qualifying to administer the MBTI. This program is offered through a resource exclusive of First Transitions.